To make best use of its available funds, the BGCF considers proposals that will include one or more of the following conditions:
- that the project will positively impact the Bowling Green community by enriching the lives of its residents;
- that the project has been well planned for its intended purpose;
- that the grant will be used effectively and, where possible, the cost of the project will be reduced by working with other groups;
- that the proposed project is likely to continue to expand after the grant period;
- and that the Foundation grant is essential to the success of the project.